8th International Navigational Symposium on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation
The Symposium is addressed to scientists and professionals in order to share their expert knowledge, experience and research results concerning all aspects of navigation, safety of navigation and sea transportation.
Symposium’s main topics:
– Marine navigation
– Safety and security of maritime shipping
– Sea transport and transportation technology
– Hydrography, geodesy and marine cartography
– Geomatics and GIS in coastal and maritime applications
– Electronic chart systems ECS and ECDIS
– Inland, river and pilot navigation systems and shipping
– Presentation of navigation-related information
– Route planning and monitoring; passage plan
– Integration of navigational systems, INS, IBS, e-Navigation
– Satellite (GPS/DGPS, Glonass, Galileo, GNSS) and radio based navigational systems
– Telematics in maritime transportation
– Automation aspects in navigation; algorithms & methods
– Ships routeing and associated protected measures
– Maritime traffic engineering
– Systems of control, guidance and monitoring of traffic, vessel traffic service (VTS)
– Manoeuvrability and hydrodynamics of ships
– Colregs, anti-collision, radar equipment, ARPA, AIS, VDR
– Maritime search and rescue issues
– Human factors, marine accidents, human errors
– Crew resource management, safe manning, stress and fatigue
– Navigational systems – end user experience
– Marine simulation; full mission bridge, navigational simulators
– Decision support systems and Artificial Intelligence methods in maritime transport
– Data transmission and processing
– Modelling and numeric methods in maritime industry
– Meteorology and nautical oceanography
– Standardization of navigational terminology
– Maritime education and training (MET)
– Model courses validation.
Authors are invited to submit papers on any of the main topics for consideration by the Programme Committee.
Authors of papers are invited to submit filled application forms to the
Symposium Office (at http://transnav.am.gdynia.pl) together with papers?
abstracts which will be reviewed by members of the Programme Committee.
Papers submitted on time will be published in the Symposium
Proceedings – TransNav Monograph: Advances in Marine Navigation and
Safety of Sea Transportation.
Symposium language: The official language of the Symposium is
English (no translation is provided).
Estimated Symposium fee:
– 1000 PLN for money transfers before 1st March 2009
– 1100 PLN for money transfers after 1st March 2009.
15th September 2008 is the deadline for conference registration and abstracts should be submitted with on-line registration using the web site.
A second announcement and confirmation of applications and notification of authors will be issued on 15th October 2008.
15th December 2008 is the deadline for the submission of papers and the announcement of papers’ acceptance will be made on 15th February 2009.
The preliminary programme will be announced on 15th March 2009 with a final programme and list of Chairmen being issued on 1st June 2009.
Further details may be obtained from the website or by contacting the organzation.
Organization Committee Chairman: Prof. Adam Weintrit, Master Mariner, FRIN, MNI PL.