Article 7 – Duties of the Officers’ Committee
The Officers’ Committee will meet regularly and at least once a year.
Such meetings will be convened by the President or any one of the Vice-Presidents, or the Secretary General, or at the request of two Officers.
The Officers’ Committee, among other things:
- implements the overall policy as defined by its aim (see Article 1) or resolution of the General Assembly,
- approves the annual budget and the accounts submitted by the Treasurer,
- prepares proposals to be submitted to the General Assembly as regards the rates of subscription,
- accepts new members complying with the provision of Article 2, subject to ratification by the General Assembly,
- gives guidance as appropriate to the Secretary General,
- seeks candidates for office and prepares proposals for the nomination of IAIN Officers to the General Assembly,
- prepares proposals to be submitted to the General Assembly as appropriate,
- organises, in cooperation with the host Institute, the Congress and other functions (Seminars, Workshops, etc.),
- convenes General Assemblies,
- may authorise the purchase, sale, renting or letting of property and the granting and obtaining of loans (whether or not secured by a mortgage) required by the running of the Association,
- may authorise any transaction and/or discharge of mortgage.
The Officers’ Committee is chaired by the President of the Association or, in the case of the absence of the President, by the Senior Vice-President. An Officers’ Committee decision can be made by a simple majority of those present at a meeting, subject to a minimum of four votes recorded in its favour. In the event of a tied vote, the Chairman of the Officers’ Committee has a casting vote. The President can decide to carry out a postal vote from among the Officers.