The IAIN newswire
You might find it convenient to subscribe to our RSS feed
Should you have news worthy of our readers' attention, please do feel free to send us your contribution. You keep us informed, we keep our readers informed.
Avionics Test Centre, Denmark 12 March 2018
With the F-35 fighter aircraft being introduced in Europe currently, there is a growing need to establish European regional maintenance capabilities.
Terma has substantial expertise and experience in developing, designing, and manufacturing electronic components and software to industries and customers within the international defence market.
Scandinavian Avionics has substantial expertise and experience within the areas of maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) of avionics components for both civil and military aircraft and helicopters.
In practice, Terma and Scandinavian Avionics will:
- Jointly, as one team, provide a proposal on support of F-35 avionics toward the F-35 Programme Office;
- Seek mutual MRO possibilities on the EH-101 helicopter, UH-60R Seahawk, and C-130;
- Jointly invest in depot stand-up capability and seek possibilities to establish the facility in close cooperation with the Danish Ministry of Defence.
An evening in the USS Constellation 31 May 2017
On June 27, there will be a combined meeting of the RNT Foundation and the US Institute of Navigation (ION) (DC Section) from 1800 to 2030. An evening in USS Constellation (managed by Historic Ships) in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.
The evening will include:
- Guided tours of USS Constellation
- Reception with heavy hors d'oeuvres, wine, and beer
- Presentation by the Father of GPS, Dr Brad Parkinson
- Opportunity to meet leading members of the PNT community from around the world.
Attendees are invited to the public meeting of the US PNT Advisory Board over the following days (28 & 29 June) at the Marriot Inner Harbor Camden Yards.
page last revised Dec 5, 2017